What would the perfect day look like in your classroom? When was the last time you spent time thinking about that? When was the last time you talked with your teaching team about creating a shared classroom vision? Those are big questions, and you may be wondering how to answer them. Today’s guest may be able to help.
Today you’ll hear from Deirdre Harris. Deirdre serves as an educational coach for the Pyramid Model Consortium. Deidre’s worked in the early childhood field for over 25 years and has a special focus on teaching teams. Listen in to hear what she has to say about how she began to focus on teaching teams, what to do when conflict happens, and why you should write down team agreements.
Topics Discussed in This Episode
- [00:01:13] Today’s guest, Deidre Harris
- [00:02:49] Why Deidre decided to focus on teaching teams
- [00:04:13] What makes a teaching team strong
- [00:05:15] How teaching teams can get started
- [00:09:24] Plotting your perfect day and the parallels with CLASS
- [00:12:42] What to do when conflict happens
- [00:15:10] Options for resolving conflict when it happens
- [00:18:18] Fixing the situation when you make a big mistake
- [00:21:08] The importance of writing agreements down
- [00:22:27] What to do when you’ve never been on the same page with a specific person
- [00:24:33] How to get people on the same page without forming cliques
- [00:27:30] Supporting each other when things are going well